Travel Log: Conference day..what damn day is it??
I could get used to living in a hotel, if it wasn't for the missing husband and child thing. But I have to admit, there is something relaxing about only having to worry about getting your own sorry butt out of bed in the morning (no matter the time change- screw that noise- THAT blows). No lunches to make, no food to cook, no cleaning, free bath products...sigh
I am having a few issues while I am here though;
For one, my head and sinuses apparently do not prefer air travel. My ears are still plugged from the plane and I highly doubt they will clear up before I get back on the plane tomorrow. Hopefully my head won't explode!I may end up setting off some sort of snot warning though when I go through security.
I have also done something to the housekeeping staff, they have thrown out my toothpaste and not given me stir sticks for my little coffee pot..Perhaps they do not like that I have clothes all over the spare bed and that I keep packing away the bath products. I know hard life hey?
I am also too close and yet too far to go and visit a special friend. Trust me it is rather hard to have travelled so far and be this close ( and on someone else's dime if I could figure out how to get them to pay for that trip too I'd be on the next flight) and not be able to swing going there..sigh...someday though.
I am missing my Cub and X something fierce. However I know that they will enjoy their guy time together . Little bugger is just fine with Mommy not being around from what I can tell from talking to him on the phone. This tugs at my heart and I get conflicting emotions. I want/don't want him to miss me, but I am happy/sad/proud/disappointed that he doesn't.
The break from work has been good. Well the break from my office, I am still here with one of my coworkers and have talked and gotten into a text fight with my boss (fucker figured that out while I was gone); but the whole not being at work thing is NICE!
Tonight, we are off to the race track for a private track side dinner and horse racing. I am not a gambler, and rather do not care for horse races, but I have never been and well, did I mention the open bar?? Did I mention the free food? So I will go, hob nob a bit more,drink my fair share and my coworkers share of vodka and collapse into bed tonight.
Then tomorrow morning I will haul my hungover ass into the motivational speakers presentation, nod, and search out some eggs and hope my head stays intact for take off.
Keep your fingers crossed could be a rough flight...oh they serve drinks on the plane too!!
*just a little disclaimer, I do not actually drink anything alcohloic on the plane as this does cause my head to near explosion causing me to squeal like a baby pig.
** I don't have access to spell check so if there are spelling mistakes- screw it.
Kisses!
AA
