3

Bone-cracker

Posted by Amethyst Anne in ,
I am off to see the chiropractor this afternoon for my first visit since I was 16 . To save y'all the math let's just rack that up to a long time ago and leave it at that.
I am not a bone-cracker fan and I tend to shy away from anything that has to do with contorting my body into un-natural positions to ensure my back makes cracking noises. Normally I wouldn't go to the bone-cracker at all, but there is a larger fear at play here.
Apparently I have some back issue with my L4 and L5 that is causing my nerves to shorten and cease. This wonderful phenomenon of course causes shooting pain that resonates down my leg leaving me semi capable of doing anything other than popping Tylenol and walking around with a heating pad strapped to my ass.
So yeah, it's been bad.
I went to the Physiotherapist because I was sure it was my sciatic nerve and not and L4/ L5 issue. I was all ears as he described some exercises for me to do and he laid out the course of treatment;


"Well we will do some exercises and some spinal manipulation and I would like to do some IMS treatment as well"


"What is IMS"


" Oh well here is this brochure that explains exactly where we place the needles and how it works...blah blah blah"

"NEEDLES? YOU WANT TO PUT FUCKING NEEDLES IN MY BACK??"



" Well it is more complicated than just that."


"DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT PUT NEEDLES IN MY BACK?"


"Yes there is needle insertion into the muscles to get them to relax."


"THE FUCK?? HOW IS THAT RELAXING?? CAN'T YOU TELL I DON'T LIKE NEEDLES?"


"It really is not that painful, and once you get used to the feeling you will welcome the release."


"THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND THE ASSESSMENT, NOW IF YOU WOULD JUST BEND OVER I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE YOUR CLIP BOARD AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS. DON'T WORRY I HEAR THAT IT WON'T BE THAT PAINFUL AND ONCE YOU GET USED TO THE FEELING YOU WILL WELCOME  IT!"


So yeah, I have a thing...for needles. I am way more afraid of needles than I am of the bone-crackers though. And a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do- and if that means contortion vs needles, then contortion wins hands down!
I'm sure once I explain this to the bone-cracker we will be the best of friends... unless he doesn't like being called the bone-cracker, then I'm screwed.




3 Comments


Thanks for the clarification ... at first I thought you were refering to your boss man ... but then I remembered it was Friday and most men in that profession take Fridays off... so I was confused.

Sorry about the back - I know from experience how much nut that sucks. I have been told (though I have difficulty doing it myself) that cold rather than heat is MUCH better for inflamation (not sure if that is your issue). Heat feels so much better, but 'they' insist that cold is the way to go.

I hope your stops on the way home will assist with the 'release' your physio guy promised.

Happy Friday,lady!


I used to have the most wonderful bone cracker in your fair city...and then the fucker up and retired.The last year I lived in The Chuck, I put my hip out so bad I thought I was ruined...tried 4 different chiros who did nothing but eat into my health care benefit. Finally found a masseuse who fixed it...she did deep tissue massage that left my whole butt a wonderful shade of purple but she banished that pain off to wherever nasty pain goes and it's never been back. Good luck with your back...and my deepest sympathies.


ok I like the Bonecracker guy. He is awesome and not just cause he had me all contorted and made me laugh, but because he says he can fix me!! I will have another 4 adjustments, and let me tell you- THAT felt good!!!! The back is still a bitch, but hopefully there is an end in sight!!

Copyright © 2009 The Lunch Hour All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.