1
1/2 day to drunken debauchery
Posted by Amethyst Anne
S'alllright....
I have 1/2 day of worky to put in before I get to race home and jump in the van and head to the Sis's house for Christmas. If only the weather would cooperate. Currently it is snowing, and blowing and generally sucking for any sort of winter driving. "Compact snow and slippery sections" is the catch phrase of the day.
I did find something today though, something I thought I wasn't going to find this year....
Today I was reminded of what is important, I get time off to be with my family... X and Cub. I get to see and enjoy my parents and Sis and Bro-in-law. We get to recreate family dynamics, eat and drink too much- but we get to be together. I will get to crawl into a nice warm bed with the love of my life and wait ....uhum...sleep ..ok not really, ( get her minds away from there....My parents will be in the next room- and Cub will be IN our room) I turn into a bloody 6 year old...there is NO sleeping Christmas eve unless it is an alcohol induced coma. You DO know that Santa comes right??
Over the course of the few blurry days, we will eat too much, sleep little, drink waaaay too much, oh hell for good measure we may as well throw in a heated argument.. But best of all I get to be thankful. Thankful for what I have.
This will probably be my last post until after Christmas, So I wanted to say...
Merry Christmas! I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by the ones you love and the ones you choose to be with. May you dance too much, find your belly too full, suffer from a hangover, get kissed under the misltoe, and get to see that sparkle in a child's eye on Christmas morning..( there are no age restrictions here) I leave you with two thoughts...
I have 1/2 day of worky to put in before I get to race home and jump in the van and head to the Sis's house for Christmas. If only the weather would cooperate. Currently it is snowing, and blowing and generally sucking for any sort of winter driving. "Compact snow and slippery sections" is the catch phrase of the day.
I did find something today though, something I thought I wasn't going to find this year....
Today I was reminded of what is important, I get time off to be with my family... X and Cub. I get to see and enjoy my parents and Sis and Bro-in-law. We get to recreate family dynamics, eat and drink too much- but we get to be together. I will get to crawl into a nice warm bed with the love of my life and wait ....uhum...sleep ..ok not really, ( get her minds away from there....My parents will be in the next room- and Cub will be IN our room) I turn into a bloody 6 year old...there is NO sleeping Christmas eve unless it is an alcohol induced coma. You DO know that Santa comes right??
Over the course of the few blurry days, we will eat too much, sleep little, drink waaaay too much, oh hell for good measure we may as well throw in a heated argument.. But best of all I get to be thankful. Thankful for what I have.
This will probably be my last post until after Christmas, So I wanted to say...
Merry Christmas! I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by the ones you love and the ones you choose to be with. May you dance too much, find your belly too full, suffer from a hangover, get kissed under the misltoe, and get to see that sparkle in a child's eye on Christmas morning..( there are no age restrictions here) I leave you with two thoughts...
The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. Maya Angelou
And...3 MORE SLEEPS........
*kisses*
